There are approximately 1,000 children in the child welfare system in Ventura County.
BirthdayWishes brings joy to children in foster care through birthday gifts and cards. The goal is to make all children in foster care feel special on their birthday. Essentially, BirthdayWishes exists to raise HOPE and spread awareness for the most vulnerable population in Ventura County and the Conejo Valley.
Grant a gift today!
Sona Bhargava, Founder
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to help foster youth today!
The Goal of BirthdayWishes
BirthdayWishes exists to provide joy for the most vulnerable population in Ventura County, foster children. We achieve this through birthday gifts and cards, as we believe that birthdays are one of the most special days for young children. RaisingHOPE’s BirthdayWishes program seeks to spread the message of HOPE and make every child in foster care feel special.
About Children in Foster Care
Children can be placed in foster care for various reasons, however all of these children are removed from their home because they are in an unhealthy or dangerous environment. These children may have been abused or abandoned, with no safe place to call home. During their time in foster care, children may live with their relatives, a foster family, in a group home, or in transitional living homes. Children are often alone in foster care, however some are brought into the system with their siblings. The County seeks first to support the child’s family through verification services and support. If the child cannot return to their original home, then a safe, forever home is the next step to protecting the child.
Request a Wish
If you are a referring party or social worker and know someone who would love a birthday wish, please fill out this form and email it to email@example.com. We are so excited to fulfill your wish!
Grant a Wish
Birthday Wish List
Give a foster child a gift and make them feel special on their special day.
To grant a foster child a birthday gift from the list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. It is encouraged to also take on a gift with another person, grant one of a foster child’s wishes, or grant multiple! Thank you so much for your generosity and kindness!
Thank you so much to all of our generous donors!
2019 Birthday Wishes Granted:
- Sheri received a hair iron to curl, crimp, and straighten hair
- Isse received a stuffed animal and a Target gift card!
- Alleshia received a $50 Target gift card
- Janessa received a gift card and a cake!
- Monique received goodies at her 18th birthday party! (7/4)
- Juan received a Visa gift card
- Hailey received a $50 Sephora gift card
- Agustin received a $250 Visa gift card!
- Rauleene received an ice cream cake, two tickets to Six Flags Magic Mountain, and yellow balloons!
- Danessa received a cake, a $50 gift card to Hot Topic, and a $50 gift card to Amazon (3/10)
- Joshua and his friend are going to Comic Con this summer!
- Dorothy received a cheesecake and gift cards to Walmart and Ross (2/5)
- Aaliyah received 2 tickets to Universal Studios! (2/2)
2018 Birthday Wishes Granted:
- Jewel received a $100 Visa gift card & a Coach wallet (11/15)
- Jacqueline received $305 for a trip to Disneyland! (9/3)
- Alyssa received a cake, three pairs of socks, a Forever 21 gift card, two shirts, a pair of jeans, a dress, and some more goodies! (8/4)
- Ashley received a Target and a Sephora gift card (7/30)
- Coco received a yoga mat, cooling face masks, sports bras, nail polish + a nail kit, two dumbbells, a PINK keychain and a hair clip (7/12)
- Beatrice received a $50 gift card to Olivia’s Nail Salon (6/26)
- Novelisa received a tea set and a Simpson’s themed mason jar (6/01)
- Lilia received two tickets to Six Flags Magic Mountain and make-up products (5/23)
- Hailey received a speaker (1/8)
2017 Birthday Wishes Granted:
- Summer received a t-shirt and a water-proof speaker (12/20)
- Jaylene received a speaker and headphones (11/22)