One person. Just one person is all it takes to change the course of a child’s life. One person to show them a new path, to listen to their joys and their sorrows, to speak wisdom into the life of a young person. RaisingHOPE’s mentoring program connects trained, background-checked mentors with foster youth in order to give the youth a reliable, stable, caring adult connection for a lifetime.
Mentors and youth build healthy relationships that can lead to the youth becoming part of the mentor’s community and extending the youth’s circle of healthy support. Studies show that having one stable adult can transform the life of a child, particularly a child at risk of abuse or neglect.
All mentors are screened, trained and evaluated. The program is voluntary for all youth and they are also screened to ensure the maximum effectiveness of the relationship.
- Complete the application to become a mentor or mentee here (link to form).
- Complete a four-hour training for mentors (no training required for mentees). Click Here for training dates.
- Have a clean background check.
- Once approved, meet with mentee twice per month minimum.
- Commit to the mentor/mentee relationship for a period of one year.
RH Mentorship Program Referral Form
RH Mentorship Program Mentor Application
Find a Mentor
Would you like someone to support you? To cheer you on? To be an adviser?
Do you need a confidant, a person to listen to you, to celebrate with you when things go right, someone who can give you wisdom when things aren’t going well?
A mentor in our program meets with their youth at least twice a month. They are screened, trained, evaluated and have gone through a background check. Youth are also screened to ensure the maximum effectiveness of the relationship with their mentor. This program is voluntary for all youth.
Mentors build healthy relationships that can lead to youth becoming part of the mentor’s community and extending the youth’s circle of healthy support.
It’s been shown that having a stable adult can transform your life and make it easier to succeed. Having that one person can be all it takes to change the course of your life. RaisingHOPE’s mentoring program can give you a reliable, stable, caring adult connection for a lifetime.
- Youth ages 5-25 are eligible (other ages will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Youth who are currently or have been in the child welfare system, have or had an open juvenile dependency case, foster youth, and former foster youth are eligible.
- Youth and young adults who reside in Ventura County or the Conejo Valley (Newbury Park through Calabasas) are eligible. Those living outside of these areas will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- To apply for a mentor please email email@example.com or call 805-491-5439.